Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Move

A few times over the last few days I have alluded to the fact that we are staying with my parents. I know you all just dying to know why. Well, today is your lucky day because I am going to tell you.
Jason received a job offer in upstate NY in January. We decided to pick up our family and move. I told my parents when we came here, it will only be a few weeks. We planned to buy another house right away. So immediately we started our house search. The first day was an education of the housing market in upstate NY. And it wasn't a fun one. Lets just say, on the first day, we saw a lot of shag carpet and bad wallpaper. But we were determined the house for us was out there. So we kept looking and looking and looking. I think we looked at about 50 houses.
This all took some time; three months. All this time, the kids and I have stayed with Mom and Dad. Jason is staying at a Bed and Breakfast up near where he works, about two hours away. We get to see him about every two weeks when he gets some time off.
So finally we found the house for us. It is a cute little two story house on about an acre of land in a great town. We just love it and can't wait for it to be ours.
My parents for their part have been the most gracious of hosts. They even say they will miss us when we are gone. I don't know why. Since we came here we have broken their house on multiple occasions. Mark is potty training and stinks up their house every day. I hog Mom's computer first looking at houses and now blogging. Daisy even bit their dog.
I guess they will miss us because Mark give the worlds best hugs and every day when Grandpa gets home from work he says things like "I missed you all day, Grandpa." He also says "I wove you" to anyone who gives him any attention. Anna learned to crawl while we have been here. She claps and high fives and just generally is really cute. So I can see why they like us.
I am very excited to say we have a semi firm closing date of the middle of next week. We are just thrilled. I will post pictures of the new house and the house we just sold after we move as the picture are on my other computer.
So that is the story of why we are sponging off my parents. Hope you enjoyed it.

11 comments:

dlyn said...

Wow - your parents must be really really nice people. ;P

Lauren said...

Well you can come over to my shipping container any time for dinner, or to stay for a few days

dawn klinge said...

My husband and I did the same thing for a few months with my parents. Congrats on the new house and happy birthday!

Lori said...

One of those little birdies on your Mom's blog spilled the beans. Happy Birthday!

Kellan said...

Congrats on your new house and Happy Birthday. I'm Kellan - nice to meet you - see you soon!

Burgh Baby said...

Happy birthday!

Flea said...

It's so cool that Mark is learning to weave at such a young age. And your mom posts only about a gazillion pictures of those kids, so what will she have to blog about once you're gone? The birds! Even Fred and Bessie have gone...

Oh, happy birthday!

Weezee said...

Happy Birthday!!!! We love you lots! Oh and thanks for not really decimating me when you were little :).

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Ellyn, a day late ! Congratulations on the new house !

sheila.patterson@tema.toyota.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ellyn! ..... I hope it was a happy one! ...... and 30 is still very, very young! ; )

2nd CM

Kellan said...

Hi Ellyn - thanks for coming by. Have a wonderful weekend! Kellan