Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm having an affair

First of all, thank you all for your kind words yesterday. I will keep you posted on our progress. My SIL suggested Sign Language. I had thought about it when our kids we small but never followed through. It hadn't occurred to me as an option to help with our current situation. Thanks Gina. I appreciate your help very much.

Today we are talking lighter topics. Or rather heavier as the case may be. Have I ever told you about my love affair. No. Well, here goes. I love cheese. All cheese. It can be so many things from creamy and smooth to crumbly and sharp. I love it all. Well, except Swiss. I don't love Swiss. Ick. So imagine my surprise one day driving by this sign. A rather plain looking sign I'll admit. And if it didn't have the name of one of my favorite things on it I would probably just pass it by.
You look up from the sign and see this simple little building. Nothing special about it right. Look closer.

You just know I am going in here.
Right inside the door is one of my other favorite things. Samples!!
Then this man with these two very unruly, but gorgeous,children showed up. They were crowding the table so I couldn't get in there for my samples. It was the rudest thing I have ever....oh wait...never mind.
Just look at it all. My heart just sings in here. I asked the cashier on our first visit; the store is a co-op owned by the local farmers. They have a lab in house and develop new flavors of cheese all the time. That explains, in the the above picture, all of the milking supplies. Farmers don't like to waste space you know. I really appreciate their efforts.
And of course no trip to the cheese store is complete without visiting Lucinda the cow.
It's 7:15 in the morning and my mouth is watering. Good thing I bought provisions.

5 comments:

Flea said...

Omigoodness! I so want cheese now! Fresh cheese churds! Sharp cheddar! CHEESE!!! I'm so very jealous.

Love the photo of Lucinda and the kids. :)

Mom said...

It is terrible, horrible, evil place. I love it!

Gina said...

My new favorite cheese is Marscapone cheese. It is soooooo good in anything savory or sweet!
LOVE the pictures, esp love the ones under the cow :)

Cynthia said...

OMG...Lucinda the cow! You know I need that on the patio;)

Weezee said...

We have just got to get there to shop at the CHEESE store! er, rather, I mean to visit with you all. :)
Love you guys!