Monday, September 7, 2009

OK, so now I wish she would just start talking

We have known for a while that Anna should be talking. Mark was talking by 26 months. Long before in fact. Anna tries to talk. But she doesn't form words. During her WCC in June the doctor confirmed our fears. She should be talking. The doctor set us up with Early Intervention. We have had a number of experts here to talk with her and us. They all say Anna is average/even above average everywhere else. The next step is a hearing test on Friday, to see if maybe she fluid on her ear drum. This would explain her not being able to repeat things said to her. But I don't believe this is it. She understands everything going on around her. She follows direction very well. Her comprehension of things said to her amazes me.

The whole process is going painfully slow. We have been dealing with this since the beginning of July and still haven't gotten anywhere. I am incredibly frustrated with the whole thing. I just want to know what is wrong so that we can start taking steps to fix it. Whether it be speech therapy or tubes in her ears I just want to get it over with.

Anna is an incredibly special little person. It's so hard to watch her struggle. She wants us to understand. She repeats herself over and over then dissolves into tears. I want to cry with her at times because I want to understand her and can't.

Hopefully Friday will bring a few answers for us. No matter what, it will be one more thing we can check off the list of possible things wrong. And one step closer to a solution, I hope.

8 comments:

Flea said...

I'll be praying for y'all and Friday.

Anonymous said...

She is such a beautiful child. Eventually this will be solved and you will know how to help her. I teared up just reading your heartache. I will pray for all of you.
Ruth Ann

Cynthia said...

Awww...that is so hard. I remember when The Little Man couldn't talk, he was so frustrated:( I hope you get some answers soon.

Mom said...

They will get it figured out and you will all work together to get it resolved - praying patience for you guys, wisdom for those figuring it out. A year from now you will be so far down the road, that this will just be a memory.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Bless her heart and yours as well. Keep us posted...

Ellyn said...

Thank you friends.

Weezee said...

Praying for answers and strength for you and Jason. She really is a special little girl.

Flea said...

Hey - how'd the doctor's visit go? Any news?