Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Day His Mother's Heart Burst With Pride

I can't sing the praises of Mark's school enough. It was started 40 years ago by the woman who still runs it today. She couldn't find a school for her son so she started one. Obviously it worked out for her. They had their 1000th student last year. The class sizes are quite small. There is a lot of one on one attention with the teachers. They really concentrate on social development. Something Mark was lacking in some at the beginning of the year. I always try to catch the end of class because you can really tell a lot about how the morning went by the last 15 or so minutes. It's been great to have a close relationship with his teachers. Everyday I get some little story from the morning. They are almost as excited to tell these stories as I am to hear them. They truly love these kids.
So the other day Mark had his end of school program. We got to see what songs they learned and also a few games they concentrated on. It was such a fun presentation. Another thing they did was a play or rather plays. The one Mark was in was 3 Billy Goats Gruff. He really played his part as the troll. A lot of the other kids said the lines but didn't really get in to the roles. Not Mark. He is a born actor. Since the play every single one of the other parents have told him how well he did. He just glows under the praise.
I don't feel right airing the whole play here. So I asked Mark if he would help be reenact the play at home. And shockingly enough he agreed. And it only cost me three jelly beans. Enjoy!
So there you have it. The culmination of a whole year's worth of schooling. It was totally worth risking our lives all winter to get him there.

11 comments:

Donalyn said...

Hilarious! Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Cynthia said...

OMG...well done!

Gina said...

Wow! He is growing up so fast! He is very talented!! So cute :)

Gayle said...

Happy Birthday, Ellyn. (your mom made me do it!) LOL. Hope your day is beyond grand.
:>
Gayle

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Ellyn!!! I came over from your Mom's page!! Hope that you have a great day!!!

God Bless~
Debbie Jean

Daryl said...

Over from your mom's .. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd CM said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I would certainly avoid any bridge that that troll was on!!! Very scary.

Happy Birthday Ellyn.

Yellow Rose (from your Mom's blog)

Char said...

happy birthday!! :)

Weezee said...

I'll say it again the child is a genius! I know how theatricaly he is. After all he changed my batteries! Are you ever going to share that story. It still makes me chuckle!

Gina said...

Phee Phee's latest favorite bedtime story is the Three Billy Goats Gruff so I remembered Mark did the play in school and I had to show her. I thought she would never move on from the three little pigs, she wants to be the big bad wolf for Halloween, no joke! :)