Monday, June 9, 2008

Ode To High Speed Internet

For those of you have never had dial-up Internet or who switch from dial up long ago, let me tell you about it. It is sooooo slow, molasses in January moves faster. You see, in our last home there was no high speed. We wanted it oh how we wanted it. We begged and pleaded for them the run the lines for it but did they do it for us. NO!! I called our local telephone company time and again. I cried and cried to them to run DSL down our road. But did they do it? NO!! I even looked into get satellite Internet. Do you have any idea how much they charge to connect that. They really should be ashamed of themselves for trying to get that much money out of people. So that was out for us. We lived with very slow internet for 4 long years. When I sent pictures of the kids to thier grandparents, I set it up to upload when I went to bed because it took hours and hours to do anything. While it was uploading you couldn't do anything else.

No comments: