Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Northern NY Initiation

Remember yesterday's picture. This was the scene this morning.

We were forecast for 4 to 8 inches. We got over a foot.

We are starting winter off with a bang this year.

To say we were under prepared would be an under statement. The snow blower is still in storage. The snow shovel is still in the shed. This is the grill.

Welcome to winter in NY van. I bet you wish we were still in Virgina. They didn't get any snow last night. In fact this is more snow than we saw in all four of our years in Virginia combined.

We might as well welcome winter with open arms. It is here to stay. Time to go play.

11 comments:

dlyn said...

Ha! it is nice to be able to say "better you than us" to you for a change!

Anonymous said...

Oh my GOSH! I think that much snow in October would have killed that "warm feeling" instantly :)
That is amazing!

Christy said...

No way. I would be really flustered with this. I was not excited to see the few little flurries that we had this morning. I like my snow to come after October is over. I really like it to hold off until the end of November. As if I really have any control but one can dream...

Weezee said...

Oh my gosh! It does look gorgeous but I hope this is not an omen.

Don Mills Diva said...

That is CRAZY. Here in Toronto I was flabbergasted that we had a few centimetres that were gone by mid morning!

Kellan said...

That is CRAZY - but ... beautiful!!!! Stay warm! Kellan

Anonymous said...

Had to show Chad!

OHmommy said...

Wow.

We got some snow too. Not that much. Wow!

Memarie Lane said...

we got our first snow on thanksgiving last year. it was my first snow ever.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I just can't IMAGINE!

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

Oh, that is SOOOO beautiful! To look at, anyway. When I was actually in it, I didn't care for it much, but now that I live in Florida, I can afford to be nostalgic. Hello, by the way.