Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Toddlers

Did you ever have one of the moments where your heart just surges with maternal love and you know you are doing something right as a parent. You kid is polite and nice to others. He considers others feelings and is a joy to be around.
Yeah, haven't had one of those in a while. I think Mark finally hit is terrible twos. When he was two we thought what is the big deal. He is fine. He must be an especially nice kids because two isn't so bad.
He turned three and still it wasn't too bad. He had asserted himself a little as an individual but still mostly listened and did what we needed him to.
Then someone flipped a switch. Now he will do nothing anyone wants. He says no at the top of his lungs. He is Anna's other parent. Bet you didn't know that. Anna has three parents. Lucky girl. He started talking back the other day. That's fun. Love that. He does things he shouldn't and watches me to see what I will do. That's fun too. Time out means nothing to this child. In fact no punishment means anything to him. I haven't tried a cage in the basement yet. Maybe I should give that a whirl. (Kidding. Please don't call CPS)
Anyway that is us this week. We will tough it out though. I am sure it will get better. Maybe by the time he moves out he will be nice kid again.
Here are a few pictures of when he was being nice.


Had to throw this one in there too.

I wrote all that and then I started thinking. Maybe it isn't so bad. I did get a couple of hugs yesterday. Hope there is an end in sight.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh, I am in the same boat...They do get nice again, right?

dlyn said...

I think he needs to be spoiled by his Grandparents more - we will be up this weekend to take care of that for you.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

They just go from one stage to the next and I hate to tell you but at 22 years of age, Legare is STILL going from one state to another. I'm not sure it ends!!

Anonymous said...

Your right! They get nice again when they are about 18 and are ready to leave home. Actually it's just a test. Keep up what your doing and when you get him out of this stage and things start to settle down then Anna will start with this stage.
I think a weekend of spoiling will help all of you. :)