Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This Old House

As some of you know we are having some work done on our house over the next couple of weeks. They came yesterday and started with our kitchen. We are having some updating done. We aren't going into any major renovations just a dishwasher, a new hood over the stove and some brighter lighting overhead. Over the next couple of weeks I will take you through the process. Doesn't that sound fun.
Yesterday, they did the dishwasher.
It went from this


to this (Isn't this lovely. There was a time when the whole kitchen was done in this wallpaper. Who thought this was a good idea, I ask you? I am so glad the 70s a dead.)


to this.


Presto chango right? Wrong. There was much banging and pounding and drilling and swearing and more banging and pounding and drilling and swearing. It was kind of like when Jason does stuff around the house. I have to give the contractors credit in that they saved their most colorful swear words for when the kids were sleeping.

The hood went from this (I forgot to take a picture while it was still up. Just imagine this hideous thing over the stove. On second thought; don't. It went really well with the the wallpaper.)


to this. (It even vents outside where it should. Before it blew all the smoke back into the kitchen. Not that I was smoking up the kitchen, because I don't do that. Much)



And finally they did the kitchen light.
This woefully under powered thing had to go.

Now this one lights up my not at all smokey kitchen. I love love love it.


That concludes today episode of This Old House. Hope you had fun.

7 comments:

Fisher's Blog said...

That looks wonderful, although I did love the wallpaper, I'm going to take a picture of it and see if I can get that put in our house :)

Anonymous said...

You did good! It all looks so fresh and welcoming!

dlyn said...

OK - we will come back for a visit now. Cause, like I never visit anyone where I have to do dishes by hand. And when I cook pork chops next time, we won't all die of smoke inhalation. Seriously - it looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!

Cynthia said...

Good for you!

Anti-Supermom said...

Well, I've been there and still working on house stuff - all. the. time. It looks great and really, a couldn't live without a dishwasher :)

Lauren said...

I was also quite excited when I got my dishwasher. We could all be heard down the street rejoicing.