Monday, September 22, 2008

This Old House III

Want to catch up from the begining of this drama. Click here and here.

I think this is probably the last time I will do house updates for a while. Our glorious contractors are almost done. We are just waiting a few special order windows to come in.
We had quite a few of the windows replaced. The seal between the panes of glass had popped and dirt had gotten in there. So this is what it looked like before.

Here is the the after.

Big difference, huh? We can actually see outside now. It's great.

Now I am just kicking myself because I think I deleted the before picture of our porch. Well, you will just have imagine with me. OK, close your eyes. Wait, no don't close your eyes. Read this. Eyes open? OK, good. Concentrate. Imagine a porch where all the window have been painted shut 25 times. The windows are very dirty and half of them are broken. Got that? Ok now imagine that when you moved in you used this porch as your box holding area before they went to the dump. OK, now imagine a boxspring on the porch because it would not could not go up the stairs of your one hundred year old house. Got all that?
Ok now look at this.

I love love love this porch. It is the best place to hang out in the afternoon. The sun warms the room up just right and makes it feel very cozy. The kids play with toys and each other. It is the best. Want to come up and enjoy a cocktail with me?

On a side note, see the furniture? Craigslist, baby. $100!! I love Craigslist. If you haven't tried it, you should. It is going to garage sales without the junk. Love it!!

4 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

Hi
The widget brought me here. What a difference that window made! Your porch is dreamy, I want one.

dlyn said...

Get that Chardonnay on ice, girl - we will be there by cocktail hour on Friday :)

Kellan said...

Beautiful porch - I'd be there every chance I got!

Take care - Kellan

Anonymous said...

Looks great! :)