Friday, July 11, 2008

My Little Helper

Mark loves to help out. I get him to clean up his toys by telling him he can help me vacuum. Do you think that is child abuse? Please don't call CPS on me. I won't do any more. I will just let him watch television all day. Maybe I will get him some video games too. Kidding, of course. I think this a good way to teach him responsibility and he thinks it is fun. I have to admit we do have to work on his form some. He will vacuum the same piece of rug forever.

We have been having a little trouble gettting Anna to eat lately. She will eat from one parent or the other. It is up to us to figure out which one it is at any given meal. We switch out often. While we were in the process of swiching, Mark sat down. She ate it right up. His aim wasn't too bad either. He only missed her mouth once or twice. He actually did better feeding her than he does feeding himself.


I figure, pretty soon, I won't even have to get out of bed. Mark will handle it all. Is he too young to learn to make dinner? I guess I will wait a year on that.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

How I would have loved that my mother in law teaches to her son (my husband) all these chores!
You're right, Ellin to show him Mark can help his mother and father, and even help himself doing little things at home. That's a good education. If, furthermore, he takes it as a game, it's unexpected! What a great boy! I haven't read all your blog, so how old is he?

dlyn said...

I love ho whe opens his mouth while he is feeding her - just like the grownups do it! Send him over - my rug could use some attention.

Lauren said...

that is the cutest thing I have ever seen! He is so old! I'm sure he will be married with kids of his own by the time I come home. :(

Anonymous said...

Love the videos!