Monday, July 21, 2008

Welcome to the World

This is my dear friend Melissa. She is not a bloggy friend. She is a real life friend who has been dear to me for as long as I can remember. We went to kindergarten together. I wish I had a picture of our class to show you. We were really cute. You will have to deal with this though. This was taken at her wedding (obviously). She was a beautiful bride don't you think.

Last week while the rest of us were living out our normal lives Melissa's family welcomed this little handsome person to the world. His name is Caleb. He came into the world at a huge 9 lbs and 11 ozs and 21 inches long. I know, poor Melissa. She is really tough though.

Brian is the proud Daddy. Justin and Hannah think he very special too. From what I hear they fight over who gets to hold him first.

And here is the best part. Tomorrow I get to meet him. So look out. I will push aside old ladies and little children to get my hands on him. If you see a van flying down the interstate, just try and stay out of the way. Tomorrow I get to drink in the delicous new baby smell and hold his not so little body in my arms. I can't wait.
Incidentally, I will be out of town for a few days. We are going Mom and Dads. I will post if I find a free minute between playtime and cocktail hour. Have a great week.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! It has been a crazy weekend. But I am back. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hello Ellyn,
Mississippi Nature was fantastic was it not! Another good site is www.shipwrecksoul.blogspot.com. Let me know your response to this one.
Pilgrim

Weezee said...

Geesh Melissa is too little to have such a honking big boy!!!!

Congrats to them all.

MarĂ­a said...

SOOOO beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, this made me tear up looking at it, we had such a great time at the wedding didn't we. And can you believe our kids, they are so wonderful. You may want to point out to everyone that besides being the best of friends since forever, Mark and Hannah were born 1 week apart, talk about timing :) By the way, I do have our kindergarten picture, I'll try to get my scanner working and email it to you. I have some more pics too. Love ya!!!